Record Company

Produced by Louis Perry (0254) & Roisin Evans (0107)

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Final digi-pack design

This is my final design which I have come up with for our digi-pack for the song ‘The cave’. I have gone through a number of different photos. And tried them round a number of different ways. In the end I found that this was the best possible result.



There were some areas which I had to change. Like I was unable to include the lyrics onto the digi-pack. This was because it looked messy, and overcrowded which is not what we wanted. For this reason I chose to move this and if I was to make a booklet to go alongside the digi-pack I would have include this in that. Along with other pictures and screen grabs. I would also thin about include pictures of myself and Roisin when we were filming.



1. This is the front cover. On this I have taken an image from the video. And edited it so that the artist has been highlighted and is then at the centre of attention on the front cover. As it is all black. I have chosen to have the writing in white. This is because it helps it to stand out more. This is very simple but I feel is very effect.
2. The back cover. Like the front it is simple again. Again using a screen grab from the video. This time it is of the artist but further away. I have again chosen to highlight the artist so that he is at the centre of attention. I have kept it single with having as little on there as possible only having what is needed.
3. This was added as I feel it was needed. As a lot of cds and placed with the edge facing out and it is important that our audience are able to find the cd in a hurry. Without going through their whole collection.
4. This is the image which is behind the cd. I have chosen to include an image of the guitar as I feel that this is very important, as the song and artist do focus a lot around the guitar. For this I have highlighted the guitar and added more of a golden colour to it, to make it stand out.
5. This is a double panel. Which I originally wanted to include an image and then have the lyrics on. But could not get them to fit and have them at a readable size. Instead I have decided to add the link to our website here. This is so that it is very clear and will catch the eye of our audience. For this I have selected our female and our artist and made them stay the same colour while changing the background to become black and white. This is done to make them standout. I have also made the guitar lighter to help make it stand out more.
6. This was an extra panel which I have chosen to add a single image of the artist playing in our second location. Like the previous image I have selected the artist, and kept him in colour while changing the background into black and white. This was done to help highlight him as the centre point.

This is one of the trials which I had looked with the lyrics. But as it seemed to go on, I found that it was going to look very clumsy if there was too much pushed onto one page, so decided to leave it out.

Over all I feel that this really works. If I had thought out it, I would have chosen to make a booklet to go alongside the digi-pack as it would then have made it possible to add other elements within. This is something which I have learnt from and will remember for future experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment